Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's Cherry Blossom Time in D.C.......

I love the Cherry Blossoms in D.C. this time of year.  Usually the Festival falls a week after the blossoms peak and I ALWAYS made it over there during the 'peak' time.....maybe it would be on a very congested weekend, or maybe after work or even on my lunch time the year we were about to have a storm.  The blossoms are very delicate and a hard rain or high wind will ruin them.  Sometimes they look pink and sometime they look white, but always beautiful...around the Tidal Basin and along the Potomac.  

I've made an album of about 30 photos in Picasa Web Albums and I thought I'd share the website so you could have a slideshow.  Of course pictures always seem to fall short of standing in the midst of them, but I've tried to give you a sense of the feeling.  I really hope you enjoy them.   
http://picasaweb.google.com/tillieannie/CherryBlossomsInAmericaSHometown#

In the meantime, I'm sharing some of them in this blog.

2 comments:

Grace Givenz said...

I got to be in the parade one year with my high school band! The cherry blossoms were still in bloom but just past their peak. Thanks for posting these pictures.

Grace Givenz said...

Hey, Tillie, don't let my post about being organized fool you. I am not nearly as organized as I once was, thanks to my husband and kids. And that's usually okay with me. But sometimes I still crave some routine and organization in times when chaos sweeps through. Or maybe I just want a safe shelter to wait out the storm.