Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Merry Christmas from Oklahoma, USA

I've begun this posting more than once....trying to find the words.....haven't posted since September 2nd because of various things.   There have been some wonderful high points....my 50th high school reunion, a couple of days in St. Louis with a trip to the top of the arch, my Mother and Daddy's 60th Anniversary Celebration, a week in Dallas over my birthday.  However, there has been a devastating low point as my 38 year old Son made some very bad choices and is now experiencing the consequences of his actions....and will be away from our family this Christmas.  

Since moving back to Oklahoma, I've always baked goodies for my cousins. However, since I'm working this year it's looking pretty slim for that to happen...but...we'll see.

Having sung for many years and finding solace in the words of songs, I've recalled the words to a little known song that has always reminded me of why we celebrate Christmas.  I, and my 'stage' family sang it one Christmas in our church.....the name of the song is Christmas Isn't Christmas and the words to the chorus are special....
Christmas isn’t Christmas ‘til it’s Christmas in your heart
Somewhere, deep inside you, is where Christmas really starts
So, give your heart to Jesus, you’ll discover when you do
That’s it Christmas, really Christmas for you

I'm sharing some non-family photos of a couple of memorable Christmas' ....one in 1999 visiting my German friends Monika and Roland and going to Christmas Markets. It's the little slide show in my Sidebar.  If you want to see it bigger, just click on it.   The second is a day trip to New York City.....where, at Christmas time, vibrant lights, Christmas trees and decorations are e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e.  










Everyone should see NYC at Christmas just once....it's  unforgettable.  



No comments: