Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Central Coast of California -- Solvang, Cambria, Morro Rock and Harmony

Thought I'd post some pics of my travels in April....From one coast to the other.  :) The East Coast trip will be in my next blog.

Visited my cousin recently in California and the weather was magnificent!  One day we met friends of theirs in Solvang for lunch.  If you haven't been there it's a quaint little community claiming to be the "Danish Capital of America".  The architecture is supportive of that title and the pastry shops seal the deal!


                                                                                                       


Then the next day we took a drove to Cambria for lunch
 past Pismo Beach,







and the tiny town of Harmony ...just a pottery shop and a glass blowing shop



Click here to see more of Harmony.   It's where I purchased my very first French Butter Keeper in 1988, so we stopped and I bought another.  They make theirs a bit differently than others I've seen. If you like real butter with that spreadable consistency....then you, too, need a French Butter Keeper.  :)

I do love to travel..........

No comments: