Sunday, April 22, 2012

Floriade in The Netherlands


It's the beginning of Floriade in Venio, The Netherlands.  This spectacular floral event happens every 10 years and in 2002 I made a trip Amsterdam intending to take the train to Keukenhof, where it was held being that year.  I was delighted to find that when I purchased the train ticket they could sell me the 'combo'.....train and show. Countries from all over the world have floral exhibits and the 2012  display covers 166 acres....wear comfortable shoes. :)   What better time to share some of my photos of that 2002 trip than this Spring.


The grounds are filled with flowers....exhibited in beautiful designs














Tulips, Tulips, Tulips....everywhere...
It's Holland!!!!




Just Beautiful.........                                                                                                                      



There is more...inside.....








Happy Spring, 


Tillie

No comments: