Saturday, July 13, 2013

Ft. Leavenworth, KS ....Going back to where I left off.....

I've been an 'errant child' to my Blog.....some warranted and some not so much.   A cousin in Florida took  the 30 day Blogging challenge and I considered doing that....but it was a brief consideration. I was actually surprised to see that it had been over a year since I had posted...except for one quick photo in November 2012.    But.........I'm back!

The last Post of substance was about my nephew, Bradley Pippin, and his retirement.  So, perhaps I'll start there to bring Tillie's Nest up-to-date.  After the ceremony, I spent a couple of hours driving around Ft. Leavenworth....what a fabulous military base.  

It's the oldest active Army Post West of the Mississippi Ft. Leavenworth sets on the banks of the mighty Missouri River. 
I found the architecture wonderful....you can imagine...since the Fort of established in 1827.  So, I offer some photos for your enjoyment.  
I think this is the Commander's Quarters


This is the Lewis & Clark Crossing

I have a complete album of Ft. Leavenworth on my picasa albums.  More 'catching up' next time. :)

No comments: