Monday, February 17, 2014

Oklahoma Proud and Life Lessons

It's been so long since I 'posted' I had to look to see the last one.....had Thanksgiving and Christmas at my home...first time to have both in the same year in a very long time.  Then the hardest part of all as the end of January came and a year since my son completed his earthly journey just short of his 41st birthday......miss him every day.  He was the bright light of every room and the party didn't start until he arrived.  He was in a hospice the last month where friends and family came from all over to remember times past sharing  lots of laughter and stories with them all.

I've always, always been a forward looking person and life goes on......while I seemed to lose my center for a time, I'm grateful for the Grace God has given me my whole life and I know for sure that Grace is sufficient for all my needs.....He's proved it over and over again throughout my  life....

I had forgotten the subject of my last post and see that it was a part of Oklahoma Route 66.  So this coming week I will post the next segment.....Claremore.....and have begun by the new 'headline' photo of Will Roger on his favorite horse, Soapsuds.  There'll be a lot to see in Claremore...so come back. :) :) :)

I've also made a new....and long...playlist....of only Oklahoma artists....bet you didn't know all these folks were from Oklahoma.  If I missed some, write a comment to let me know.  I've included Kristen Chenoweth, Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood, Ronnie Dunn, Rascal Flatts, Blake Shelton, Vince Gill, Toby Keith, Patti Page, Roger Miller, Hoyt Axton, Reba McEntire, Gene Autry, Roger Miller, Leon Russell, Mel McDaniel, B. J. Thomas and Woody Guthrie.

Any blogger likes comments from guests, so please post a comment.















1 comment:

A said...

Oh Tillie, I can't even imagine. I don't know that time really heals wounds… I guess time turns wounds into scars and the scars stay. He looks so happy in that photo.