Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Getting back in a routine...........

Thought I should post a note of explanation as to why I've been so neglectful of my Blog. You see, after not working for 4 years, I just really need that people-to-people contact. I actually think it's good that I realize that. :) Soooo, when I was in Sam's Club one day, I said to the woman demo-ing the food that I believed I wanted her job...or one like it! As it happened, Sam's had just outsourced those jobs to a 3rd party and she said I should go online and fill out an application. 4 weeks later....after mounds of forms, a drug test, training and a Food Handler card....I had my first day TODAY! It was fun!!!! I demo'd Shrimp Scampi. Yum!!!! Of course, I can talk to a wall so my only problem was that my throat was very dry and I was at my station where having something to drink is frowned upon. Nonetheless sales were brisk....one women bought 4 boxes! After spending 25+ years purchasing huge quantities of food, there's very little product I haven't seen and tasted and know folks in all the manufacturing companies. Even tho' Foodservice is much different than Retail, it's the same stuff so it felt good to dabble in it once again.

My goal was to work 3-4 days per week, but my poor Supervisor is new to her position and 8 people short of a full staff for my store...so....I'm gonna work as much as she needs me to right now....this week I'll work every day and next week I agreed to work 5 days. What I've found out is that a routine is TIRING!!! I'm BEAT and when I finish this am going to bed EARLY! Tuesday night is usually a busy TV night with both my DVRs going....Idol, Biggest Loser, NCIS, and Good Wife....however will I stay awake to watch even one.

If I'm able to crawl to the 'puter on Friday night, I'll give a report of the first week. Saturday after work I'm headed to the Lake and Roger's....have already forewarned him I'm gonna need lots of TLC....if it's warm, maybe he'll smoked some ribs!

Everyone have a good week....

No comments: