Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Afternoon thoughts......

Yesterday I posted a photo of my Nest's living room....so today I thought I'd show you a closeup of some of the reasons I enjoy sitting there.

These are old ceiling light that I fixed to give a soft glow above the television. Shadows make it look like several chains, but acutally there are 3 chains on each light.  I wandered though a hardware store, playing with different gadgets until I put together something that worked.  :)  Love those hardware stores.
  
                          

I love the collection of green McCoy.  It was one of the potteries from Ohio that was so prolific in the 40's.  The tallest piece in the center back was a wedding gift to my parents in 1940.  


There's just something comforting to me about an old wicker chair that has less paint than more.......lit by a 50's lamp that was my Grandma's. Two of my girlfriends found the chair fabric as a complement to fabric I was having made into slipcovers. Gave me a drawing of how to have the bottom cushion made (I sewed the rest and I'm no seamstress) Aren't girlfriends great? When I sit there I have warm thoughts of them in their homes in Texas.

I hope the sun is shining on you today.  :)


No comments: