Wednesday, January 13, 2010

As I was about to go nite-nite, I was thinking about the first song on my Playlist....Oklahoma Rising, sung by Vince Gill.  There are words that say "when the mighty buildings fell" and it dawned on me that some of you may not know what he meant.  He was referring to the Murrah Building that was blown up by a home-grown terrorist.  The site is now a National Memorial and one of the most tasteful that I've seen (and having lived in the DC area, I seen a lot of them).  I thought I'd post a picture taken during the day and two at night of that Memorial.  There is a very large granite wall on each end of a reflection pool....one has the time the bombing began (9:01)...the other when it ended (9:03).  The chairs are arranged by floor...one for each person who died....large ones for adults, small ones for the children. As you can see, at night the bottom of the chairs are illuminated.  Tears come easily as one stands there imaging the horror of that morning.

No comments: