Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday notes......

When I decided to use Google's Blogger, I considered all the bells and whistles that are available with them.  I can't tell you how helpful they've been as I've stumbled through the whole process.  A couple of years ago I had downloaded Picasa (their free photo editing), but soon became dis-enchanted and uninstalled the program.  However, within the last month I had read on Kim Komando (the techie that has wonderful information) that the newest version was quite good.....and I have found that to be true.


I have photos that number in the thousands......and the majority are on my computer, backed up, of course, on CDs.  So, today I thought I'd try putting an album on Picasa and uploading it to the Web.


In the Fall of 2008, a friend and I went to the Texas Hill Country to visit a mutual friend.  Had a great time and one day we went 'antiquing' in the little hamlet of Comfort, Texas.....population...very small.  lol  I took a lot of photos when I was ready to stop prowling through all the shops.  To this day, I haven't shared those photos with them because it's rare that I actually have prints developed from the digital negatives.  So, when I made the album, it was logical that I would see what was necessary to be able to put a slideshow of the album on my Blog.  Piece of Cake!


While you're viewing this Blog, I invite you to look at the little slideshow below my travel photos marked Comfort, Texas 2008. If you want to stop the show and see a big picture, just double click on that picture and then click the 'back' button to return to the slideshow.  Let me know what you think of it....I'll be planning the next one to do and change it out once in a while.  Of course, every week you will find addition travel pics when you click on the 'departures' icon.


Hope you're having a nice weekeend and my slogan for tomorrow is GO PEYTON, beat whomever the Jets put in today and GO BREES, beat FARVE!

No comments: