Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Lights in Longwood Gardens, PA, New York City, Sioux Falls, SD, Tulsa, OK and Frankfurt, Germany

I love Christmas lights, so thought I'd share some of my favorites here at Tillie's Nest.  The lights are a beautiful way to celebrate the birth of Jesus.  The words from one of my favorite songs express how I feel about Christmas: 
Christmas isn't Christmas, 'til it's Christmas in your heart
Somewhere deep inside you is where Christmas really starts,
So give your heart to Jesus, you'll discover when you do,
That's it's Christmas, really Christmas, for you.

Longwood Gardens was an annual trek for me when I lived in the D. C. area.  I'd pick a Sunday afternoon and drive to Pennsylvania, getting there just before dark.  
Reflection Pool at Longwood Gardens, PA
Longwood Gardens Arboretum
One of many outside displays at Longwood Gardens
....and New York City was always a Sunday day trip, taking the US Airways Shuttle first thing in the morning and going back home on the last one of the day. :) :)

I always loved the Holiday Fair at Grand Central Station
Radio City Music Hall
One of my favorite hotels..Sheraton New York.... in it's Christmas attire :)
Rockefeller Center
Across from Radio City Music Hall
A couple of weeks ago, I was in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and they do a great job of lighting the park and the Falls of the Big Sioux River.
The Falls of the Big Sioux River, Sioux Falls, SD  Nov. 2011
Sioux Falls Park
In Tulsa, the Rhema Bible Church used 2 million lights (many LED) to make a gorgeous display of everything Christmas.  Great fun to stroll around the park.
Santa's Sleigh
Carolers 
View from the bridge over the pond

Could this be the Polar Express??
Last, but certainly not least, is Christmas in Frankfurt, Germany.....and Christmas markets. :) :)
Frankfurt Opera House

Mischievous Santa Helpers
Christmas Market in Germany

Christmas Market
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: